Latest Apps Management Pack 2.0.1 Now Available
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Feb 21, 2008
Our hardworking E-Business Suite Applications Technology Group recently released Application Management Pack version 2.0.1 for Oracle E-Business Suite. This upgrade includes some important new features and a large number of bug fixes. This update is available for download via Patch 5969524 from Oracle Metalink.
Supported E-Business Suite Releases
Application Management Pack (AMP) 2.0.1 is available for Grid Control 10gR3 on Linux (x86) and can be used to manage the following E-Business Suite releases:
- Release 11.5.10 CU2 + ATG FP RUP4.H
- Release 12.0
AMP 2.0.1 is an OPatch rollup update on top of the Pack's earlier release V2.0. Some of the key benefits of this upgrade are:
- Improved discovery and cloning capabilities
- Management of E-Business Suite advanced topologies
- Option to discover and register E-Business Suite instances either through the Command line or EM Grid Control User Interface
- 6141071: Ability for user to choose custom directories for installing APPL_TOP and DB TOP while cloning EBS R12.
- 5976900: Ability for users to perform scale up or scale down clone of DB TOP.
- 6155177: Ability for clone to support the capability to skip optional steps specified in the Clone Procedure.
- 5876590: Support cloning of Individual EBS components (Database Techstack, Data Top, Application Techstack, and Application Top).
- 5892625: Ability to apply an EBS image on an existing E-Business Suite Target.
- Command Line Interface (CLI) for discovering and registering E-Business Suite system. In addition to the EM Grid Control User Interface based EBS discovery process, customers can now choose to discover using CLI. However the discovery mechanism still remains the same in both the steps.
- EBS deployed on shared file system (NFS): Customers can now use AMP 2.0.1 to monitor and manage Oracle E-Business Suite systems deployed on a shared file system. However the cloning capability is still pending certification.
- SSL enabled EBS System: Using AMP 2.0.1 customers can monitor and manage Oracle E-Business Suite systems that are SSL enabled.
- Getting Started with the Oracle Management Pack for Oracle Applications Release 2.2 (1.85 MB, PDF, OTN)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Documentation Library (OTN)
[Completely unrelated aside: This is likely going to be the last major piece of news on this blog for a while. I'm off to visit my teams in India and the UK for an extended trip. It's unlikely that I'll have a lot of free time to post techstack news during my travels, but we'll see how things go.]