Quarterly E-Business Suite Upgrade Recommendations: October 2011 Edition
By Steven Chan (Oracle Development) on Oct 27, 2011
One of the important things I learned from customers at this year's OpenWorld conference is that you can use help in sorting out priorities for upgrade projects. I've previously published advice on the priorities for patching EBS environments. But what are your top priorities for major upgrades to EBS and its technology stack components?
I'll start publishing concise upgrade recommendations for E-Business Suite environments and technology stack components on a quarterly basis. These recommendations will be based upon the latest updates to Oracle's product strategies, support deadlines, and newly-certified releases.
Upgrade Recommendations for October 2011
3. Oracle Database 10gR2 and 11gR1 users should upgrade to 11gR2.
Note: As of this article's publication, 184.108.40.206 is the latest certified database release; watch this blog for our imminent 220.127.116.11 certification.
4. Oracle Single Sign-On 10g users should migrate to Oracle Access Manager.
5. Oracle Internet Directory 10g users should upgrade to Oracle Internet Directory 11g.
6. Oracle Discoverer users should migrate to Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) or Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA).
- EBS 12.1 Extended Support Fees Waived for First Year
- EBS Support Information Center + Patching & Maintenance Advisor Available on My Oracle Support
- What's the Best Way to Patch an E-Business Suite Environment?