Java JRE 1.6.0_34 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite
By Steven Chan (Oracle Development) on Aug 15, 2012
The latest Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0_34 (a.k.a. JRE 6u34-b04) is now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i and 12 desktop clients.
What's new in Java 1.6.0_34?
See the 1.6.0_34 Update Release Notes for details about what has changed in this release. This release is available for download from the usual Sun channels and through the 'Java Automatic Update' mechanism.
32-bit and 64-bit versions certified
This certification includes both the 32-bit and 64-bit JRE versions.
32-bit JREs are certified on:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows 7 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
64-bit JREs are certified only on 64-bit versions of Windows 7
and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Worried about the 'mismanaged session cookie' issue?
No need to worry -- it's fixed. To recap: JRE releases 1.6.0_18 through 1.6.0_22 had issues with mismanaging session cookies that affected some users in some circumstances.
The fix for those issues was first included in JRE 1.6.0_23. These
fixes will carry forward and continue to be fixed in all future JRE
releases. In other words, if you wish to avoid the mismanaged session
cookie issue, you should apply any release after JRE 1.6.0_22.
Our standard policy is that all E-Business Suite customers can apply all
JRE updates to end-user desktops from JRE 1.6.0_03 and later updates on the 1.6 codeline. We test
all new JRE 1.6 releases in parallel with the JRE development process, so
all new JRE 1.6 releases are considered certified with the E-Business Suite on
the same day that they're released by our Java team.
You do not need to wait for a certification announcement before applying new JRE 1.6 releases to your EBS users' desktops.
For important guidance about the impact of the JRE Auto Update feature on JRE 1.6 desktops, see:
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle Applications 11i (Metalink Note 285218.1)
- Upgrading Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) with Oracle Applications 11i for Windows Clients (Metalink Note 290807.1)
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle Applications 12 (MetaLink Note 389422.1)
- Upgrading JRE Plugin with Oracle Applications R12 (MetaLink Note 393931.1)