IE 9, Firefox 4 Certifications Coming Soon for Oracle E-Business Suite
By Steven Chan-EBS Development-Oracle on Jun 01, 2011
I'm still doggedly plowing through our article backlog following our two-month blogging hiatus. Almost done. Here's a long-outstanding response to a FAQ about new browsers.
As of today, Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.6 are the latest Windows desktop clients certified for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i and 12. We're working on our certifications of IE 9 and Firefox 4 right now. Those certifications are going well, but we are running them in parallel with our work on the next major E-Business Suite release, so it's taking some time to get through these.
As usual, Oracle's Revenue Recognition rules prohibit us from discussing certification and release dates. You're welcome to monitor or subscribe to this blog for updates, which I'll post as soon as soon as they're available.
For full details about certified desktop browser configurations, see:
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle Applications 11i (Note 285218.1)
- Upgrading Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) with Oracle Applications 11i for Windows Clients (Note 290807.1)
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle Applications 12 (Note 389422.1)
- Upgrading JRE Plugin with Oracle Applications R12 (Note 393931.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release Notes Release 12 for Apple Macintosh OS X version 10.5 and 10.6 (Note 864552.1)
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decision. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle.