Have You Used 10gR2 Transportable Tablespaces with EBS 11i?
By John Abraham-Oracle on Sep 02, 2010
We are soliciting your feedback on our recently announced E-Business Suite Release 11i + 10gR2 Cross Platform Transportable Tablespaces (XTTS) database migration process.
We know that quite a few of you have requested this and are curious as to how you might be faring with it. For those customers who have downloaded the controlled patch (6158038) required for this migration of the EBS database, we would love to hear your answers to the following questions:
- What is the size of the E-Business Suite Database you've migrated or plan to migrate?
- What were the source and target platforms for this database migration (e.g. Linux Itanium to Oracle Solaris on SPARC)?
- Where are you currently at in your migration?
- Not started on migration
- Migration in progress following MOS Doc 454574.1
- User testing of migrated system in progress
- Completed testing and awaiting production migration
- Live on migrated system in production
Feel free to post a comment here, or if this information is sensitive, please drop me a line directly.
Other Certifications Still Underway
Transportable Tablespaces for other Database and EBS versions (such as 10gR2+R12, 11g+R12 and 11g+11i) are still under evaluation. Oracle's Revenue Recognition rules prohibit us from discussing certification and release dates, but you're welcome to monitor or subscribe to this blog for updates, which I'll post as soon as soon as they're available.
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decision. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle.