Identifying Data Model Changes Between EBS 12.1.3 and Prior EBS Releases
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Feb 17, 2011
[Update June 21, 2011: A complementary tool that compares seed data between different EBS releases is now available.]
The EBS 12.1.3 Release Content Document (RCD, Note 561580.1) summarizes the latest functional and technology stack-related updates in a specific release. The E-Business Suite Electronic Technical Reference Manual (eTRM) summarizes the database objects in a specific EBS release.
Those are useful references, but sometimes you need to find out which database objects have changed between one EBS release and another. This kind of information about the differences or deltas between two releases is useful if you have customized or extended your EBS instance and plan to upgrade to EBS 12.1.3. Where can you find that information?
Answering that question has just gotten a lot easier. You can now use a new EBS Data Model Comparison Report tool:
- EBS Data Model Comparison Report Overview (Note 1290886.1)
- EBS 126.96.36.199 and EBS 12.1.3
- EBS 12.0.4 and EBS 12.1.3
- EBS 12.1.1 and EBS 12.1.3
- EBS 12.1.2 and EBS 12.1.3
What types of database objects does this tool cover?
This tool includes reports of the differences in:
- Regular tables
- Partitioned tables
- Index organized tables
- Global temporary tables
- Queued tables
- Materialized views
- Materialized view logs
- Advanced queues
This new tool was produced by our hard-working EBS Release Management team, and they're actively seeking your feedback. Please feel free to share your experiences with it by posting a comment here. You can also request enhancements to this tool via the distribution list address included in Note 1290886.1.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 Now Available
- New Whitepaper: Upgrading EBS 11i Forms + OA Framework Personalizations to EBS 12
- EBS 12.0 Minimum Requirements for Extended Support Finalized
- Five Key Resources for Upgrading to E-Business Suite Release 12
- E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Consolidated Upgrade Patch 1 Now Available
- New Whitepaper: Planning Your E-Business Suite Upgrade from Release 11i to 12.1