Clarifying E-Business Suite Daylight Saving Time 2007 Patching Requirements
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Jan 19, 2007
Editor Feb 2 Update: A recording of the first webcast discussing these changes is available here. A second webcast will be held on Feb 14.
To put it delicately, the implications of Daylight Saving Time 2007 changes for E-Business Suite environments have been confusing to some of you. In response to your many emails and Service Requests logged with Oracle Support, we've significantly revised our documentation for patching E-Business Suite environments.
A revised version of Impact of US Timezone 2007 Changes on E-Business Suite Environments (Metalink Note 403311.1) has just been published. It contains the following material:
- Section 1. What is Changing?
- Section 2. Affected E-Business Suite Environments
- Section 3. Patches Required for E-Business Suite Environments
- Section 4. Testing Your Environment
- Section 5. What Are the Consequences of Not Applying These Patches?
- Section 6. Obtaining Support
- Section 7. References
Even if you have reviewed earlier versions of this documentation, I still recommend that you download the latest copy. Some important clarifications about patching conditions and impact have been made in these latest revisions.
We're aware that timeframes are extremely tight to get these patches into your environments prior to the DST changeover. We're paying close attention your feedback and concerns, since there's so little room for errors. If you have any questions about this documentation, please log a Service Request with Oracle Support, using the following information to ensure that the correct Support group is engaged:
Metalink SR entry screen #1:
- Product: Oracle Applications Technology Stack
- Type of Problem: Technology Stack Issues