Automated Configuration Collections and Healthchecks for Apps 11i
By mzshaw on Jun 30, 2006
When logging a new EBiz Service Request (SR) with Oracle Support, you just know you will need to upload a whole bunch of configuration files, describe your system architecture and also run some Remote Diagnostics Assistant (RDA) scripts to gather additional data - right?
Wouldn't it be cool if Oracle Support somehow just knew all this stuff without having to ask?
Well, now we can automate this exchange of data with the recent addition to Metalink "My Configurations & Projects"
My Configurations & Projects is an extension to Oracle Metalink and provides:
- A location to share pertinent project and system information to help Oracle Support understand your environment.
- A standard way to catalog your configurations.
- Access to the Oracle Configuration Manager, a new tool enabling collection of information pertaining to your configuration.
- System Healthchecks, which utilize configuration information provided by the Oracle Configuration Manager to provide proactive recommendations and risk assessments across your environment.
- Product Alerts, which use configuration information to identify pervasive product or security issues based on your configuration.
This means that you can run scripts to gather data about your Release 11i environments and upload this information to Metalink. If you then need to raise a new SR you can do this against a specific configuration; Oracle Support will see a link in the SR to that environment's configuration information. You can even optionally configure the data collection scripts to refresh the data in Metalink automatically -- without human intervention -- to ensure that we always have the latest information about your environment.
Learn More About My Configs & Projects (Metalink Note 250434.1) describes the features and benefits of this technology in more detail and is well worth a read to see how best you can take advantage of this tool.
Providing this standard method for capturing information about your Applications environments enhances Oracle's understanding, helping Oracle Support engineers resolve your issues faster, and to make proactive recommendations to known and potential problems.