Apps Release 12.0.4 Rapid Install Now Available
By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Apr 02, 2008
Climbing back into the blogging saddle after a five weeks abroad feels distinctly odd. Here's something noteworthy from my beleaguered inbox:
Ever since the initial release of E-Business Suite Release 12.0, we've been putting out quarterly Release Update Packs (RUP) that you can apply on top of your base installation. So far, we've released Release Update Packs 12.0.1, 12.0.2, 12.0.3, and 12.0.4. The latest Release Update Pack 4 included more than 10,000 fixes and 100 functionality enhancements after the initial release of 12.0.
Although convenient, applying all of these individual Release Update Packs can be time-consuming. Recognising that, we've now released a new version of E-Business Suite 12.0.4. This brand-new release includes a repackaged Rapid Install that makes it possible to upgrade existing 11.5.8, 11.5.9 (Base, CU1, CU2), and 11.5.10 (base, CU1, CU2) systems directly to the Release Update Pack 4 level.
Release 12.0.4 is now available for download for both new and upgrading customers on all supported languages through Oracle Electronic Product Delivery (EPD) and the Oracle Store. You can check EPD for specific platform downloads, which are updated regularly.
What's New in Release Update Pack 4?
As noted in my previous article about Release 12 Update 4, this RUP contains fixes for the following product families, with details in the
corresponding Metalink Notes:
- Applications Technology (ATG_PF): Note 466974.1
- Business Intelligence (BIS_PF): Note 466634.1
- Customer Relationship Management (CC_PF): Note 467651.1
- Financials (FIN_PF): Note 469308.1
- Human Resources (FR_PF): Note 466091.1
- Support Diagnostic Tools (IZU): Note 403468.1
- Procurement (PRC_PF): Note 469316.1
- Projects (PJ_PF): Note 464581.1
- Supply Chain Management (SCM_PF): Note 469261.1
- Supply Chain Planning (SCP_PF): Note 469281.1
Just like the previous Apps 12.0.1 Release Update Pack, Apps 12.0.2 Release Update Pack, and Apps 12.0.3 Release Update Pack, there's a gem buried in all of this: the Apps 12.0.4 Release Update Patch includes all of the security fixes released in the January 2008 Critical Update Patch (CPUJan2008).
- Apps Technology 12.0.4 Update Now Available
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.0.4 Release Update Pack Readme (Note 465776.1)
- Apps Release 12.0.3 Release Update Pack Now Available