A Year Online
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Apr 10, 2007
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
~ Franklin P. Jones
This blog's inaugural post was on April 10, 2006, so it officially turns one today. It's hard to imagine that a year has zipped by already. This is a good time to take stock and reflect.
In the past year:
- We've published over 210 articles
- Five other Applications insiders have been coaxed into joining our blogging team
- We've had over 8.5 million reads (which utterly blows my mind)
If you've been along for the ride since the beginning, you might recall an early article that followed the tradition of the Hudson's Bay Company. Before embarking on expeditions to parts unknown, Hudson's Bay Company voyageurs camped overnight within a half-day's walk from their starting point to assess whether they'd brought everything they needed.
Well, we're a long way from home now. Probably a good time to stop and ensure that we're still headed in the right direction:
- Is this content useful for you?
- Is this content pitched at the right level of technical depth?
- Are there new areas that you'd like us to cover?
- Are there areas that you'd like us to revisit or cover more heavily?
- Do you have any other suggestions on how we can improve?