10gR2 10.2.0.4 DB Certified with EBS 12 for Four New Database-Tier Only Platforms
By Steven Chan-EBS Development-Oracle on May 26, 2009
Working through my announcement backlog after almost three weeks away, here's a four-pronged certification announcement for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0.4. EBS 12.0.4 is now certified with Oracle Database Server 10gR2 10.2.0.4 on the following "database-tier only" platforms:
- Sun Solaris x86-64 (Solaris 10)
- IBM Linux on System z (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5, Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise System 9 and 10)
- IBM Linux on Power (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5, Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise System 9 and 10)
- Linux Itanium (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5, Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise System 9 and 10)
Notable here are the Sun Solaris x86-64 and IBM Linux on Power certifications. These were previously certified only with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, but are now new additions to the list of available Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 "database-tier only" platforms.
You can review the system requirements from the relevant Oracle Database 10gR2 documentation (Installation Guide, Release Notes, Upgrade Guide) prior to installing the database on these platforms.
These are database-tier only certifications (previously known as "split configurations" in Apps 11i). The application tier must be on a fully-certified Oracle E-Business Suite R12 platform.
- Interoperability Notes: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 with Oracle 10g Release 2 (10.2.0) (OracleMetaLink Note 454750.1)
- Using Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 with a Database Tier Only Platform on Oracle 10g Release 2 (OracleMetaLink Note 456197.1)
- Export/Import Process for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 Database Instances Using Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (OracleMetaLink Note 454616.1)