10.2.0.3 Database Certified with Apps 11i
By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Apr 24, 2007
[Apr 29, 2008 Update: Added HP Tru64 UNIX to the list of certified platforms]
The 10gR2 (10.2.0.3) database has been certified with the E-Business Suite Release 11i. This is the latest version of the 10g Release 2 Database that is certified with Applications 11i. The full name of this patch set is:
- Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.3) Patch Set 2 (Patch 5337014)
This patch set includes an extensive number of fixes related to performance, stability, and security. The number of actual fixes is too long to list here (or for me to count individually), but if you're interested in drilling down to the details, the full list is published in:
- Bugs fixed in the 10.2.0.3 Patch Set (Metalink Note 391116.1)
Oracle's Own Global Single Instance
I've mentioned before that I'm wary about companies that don't use their own products. You should be, too. As part of our certification process for this patch set, Oracle upgraded its own Apps 11i Global Single Instance to 10gR2 10.2.0.3 in March 2007.
Supported Upgrade Paths
If your E-Business Suite environment is already on an earlier version of the 10gR2 database, you can upgrade your database to this patch set.
If you're on an older version of the database, it's definitely worth considering an upgrade now. You can upgrade to 10gR2 (10.2.0.3) from Oracle8i Release 3 (8.1.7), Oracle9i Release 1 (9.0.1), Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0), or Oracle 10g Release 1 (10.1.0).
You can also upgrade to this database release if your Apps environment is configured to use Real Application Clusters (RAC) or a split-configuration (where your database tier runs on a different operating system platform than your application tier).
Certified Operating System Platforms
The following platforms are now certified:
- Linux x86 (32-bit)
- HP-UX PA-RISC
- HP Tru64 UNIX
- IBM AIX
- Linux Itanium
- Linux x86-64 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server (32-bit)
- Sun Solaris SPARC (64-bit)
- Oracle Applications Release 11i with Oracle 10g Release 2 (10.2.0) Interoperability Note (Metalink Note 362203.1)
- Using Oracle Applications with a Split Configuration Database Tier on Oracle 10g Release 2 (Metalink Note 369693.1)
- Configuring Oracle Applications Release 11i with 10g R2 RAC and ASM (Metalink Note 362135.1)