By Elke Phelps-EBS Development-Oracle on Jun 30, 2014
We're very pleased to let you know about a new webcast and Note that can be used together to help you create a maintenance strategy for Oracle E-Business Suite.
1. Webcast: "Creating a Maintenance Strategy for Oracle E-Business Suite"
The recorded webcast, Creating a Maintenance Strategy for Oracle E-Business Suite, features techniques Applications DBAs can use to proactively maintain their Oracle E-Business Suite environment. This webcast covers EBS 12.1 and 12.2 and is intended for EBS architects, managers, and system administrators.
Use the following link to view the webcast:
The webcast starts with a practical approach for defining an EBS maintenance strategy. It then moves to a detailed discussion of tools and approaches for maintaining EBS environments.
Topics include patching shortcuts, distributing worker processes across multiple servers, shared file systems, avoiding resource bottlenecks, and more.
2. Note: "How to find EBS patches"
It can be tricky to find the right EBS product-level and technology stack patches that are needed for your environment. This newly published MOS note can help:
- How to Find E-Business Suite & E-Business Suite Technology Stack Patches (Doc ID 1633974.2)
This companion Note guides you through the resources that you can use to create your EBS maintenance strategy.
Now that you know about the recorded webcast and MOS note 1633974.2, what should you do next?
- Schedule time to view the webcast, ideally with colleagues in your organization who help plan, deploy, and maintain your EBS environments.
- After viewing the recording, work with your colleagues to create a maintenance strategy for your Oracle E-Business Suite environment.
- As you execute your maintenance strategy, use the Note to find the latest updates for your environment.
We are very interested in hearing about your experiences with maintaining your EBS environments using these new resources. You can post your comments here or send me an email.
- Identifying Recommended Patches for E-Business Suite Environments
- What's the Best Way to Patch an E-Business Suite Environment?