By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Nov 13, 2013
[Nov. 14, 2013 update: corrected "Getting Started" Note number]
Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 22.214.171.124.0 is now available for use with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c. Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 126.96.36.199 is part of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12 Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite.
This latest plug-in extends EM 12c Cloud Control with E-Business Suite
specific system management capabilities and features enhanced change
The Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite includes:
that was available in the previously-standalone Application Management
Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite and Application Change Management Pack
for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Real User Experience Insight
- Oracle Configuration & Compliance capabilities
A license for Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control is required to use this product. There is an additional licensing cost for the Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite. A license for the Application Management Suite includes licenses for the E-Business Suite Plug-in, Oracle Real User Experience Insight, and Oracle Configuration & Compliance products.This is a Development blog, and we don't have the background to discuss licensing in more detail. We'd recommend contacting your Oracle account manager for more information about licenses.
Updates to product bundling
Features that were previously available in the standalone management packs are now packaged in the Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in, which is certified with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control:
- Functionality previously available for Application Management Pack (AMP) is now classified as “System Management for Oracle E-Business Suite” within the plug-in.
- Functionality previously available for Application Change Management Pack (ACMP) is now classified as “Change Management for Oracle E-Business Suite” within the plug-in.
The Application Configuration Console and the Configuration Change Console are now native components of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
New enhancements in this release
- Support for managing E-Business Suite R12.2 technology stack including monitoring of Web Logic Server services.
- New ADF pages that allow personalization of System Management home page and E-Business Suite landing page.
- New landing page displays all available E-Business Suite targets, Compliance summary, least compliant targets, and related Incidents summary.
- All tabs and links have been moved to drop down menus for easy navigation.
- Integrated with Enterprise Manager Compliance Framework and includes shipped Security Compliance Standards for Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Readiness Report: Customization Manager now includes an option to generate the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 customization readiness report for online patching directly from the UI. Customers who are currently on Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 11i, 12, or 12.1 can run this report to validate if their customizations are ready for Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 12.2 online patching. Customers who are currently on Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 11i, 12.0, or 12.1 can run this report to validate if their customizations are ready for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 online patching.
- Auto-correction of invalid custom applications
- Support for source code branches and tags
- Option to hide unused custom applications
- "Create like" feature for file source mapping and Oracle E-Business Suite Mapping
- Detailed status messages for packages
- Option to download a consolidated log for package creation
- New file type to support force upload of seed data LDT files
- Simplified Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 online patching deployment procedures.
- New Patch Manager Dashboard allows patch management for all releases of Oracle E-Business Suite instances. Patch Manager dashboard provides a consolidated and personalizable view of all patching activities for all Oracle E-Business Suite instances.
- Customers now can view all the AD worker log files without the need for command line operations.
Installation & Upgrades
- Setup Manager has been deprecated in this release. See:
- Customers currently running on Enterprise Manager 12c, can use Self Update to download and install AMP 188.8.131.52.0.
- All others can download it here:
- Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c
- One or more of the following Oracle E-Business Suite Releases
- Release 12.2.2
- Release 12.1 with R12.ATG_PF.B.delta.3
- Release 12.0.4 with R12.ATG_PF.A.delta.6
- Release 11.5.10 CU2 with 11i.ATG_PF.H.RUP6 or higher
- Oracle Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite Guide, Release 184.108.40.206.0, Part No. E39873-01, November 2013
- Getting Started with Oracle Application Management Pack (AMP) for Oracle E-Business Suite, Release 220.127.116.11.0 (Note 1532970.1)