By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Oct 30, 2013
Performance tuning and optimization in E-Business Suite environments can involve many different components and diagnostic tools. Samer Barakat, Senior Architect in our Applications Performance group, held an OpenWorld 2013 session that covered:
- Performance triage, analysis and diagnostic tools
- Optimizing the E-Business Suite application tier, including Concurrent Manager
- Optimizing the E-Business Suite database tier
- Optimizing the E-Business Suite on Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- E-Business Suite on engineered systems, including Exadata and Exalogic
- Optimizing E-Business Suite data management, including archiving and purging
The Applications Performance group works with the world's largest E-Business Suite customers to isolate and resolve performance bottlenecks. This team has helped tune the E-Business Suite environments of world's largest companies to handle staggering amounts of transactional volume in multi-terabyte databases. This group also publishes our official Oracle Apps benchmarks, white papers, and performance metrics.
This is an essential set of tips and techniques that all EBS sysadmins and DBAs can use to improve the performance of their environments:
- Getting Optimal Performance from Oracle E-Business Suite (PDF, 1.7 MB)
OpenWorld 2013 presentations are only available for approximately six months -- until ~March 2014. Download this one while it's still available.
- E-Business Suite Technology Sessions at OpenWorld 2013
- Where Can You Find OpenWorld 2013 Presentations?
- OAUG/Collaborate Recap: Best Practices for E-Business Suite Performance Tuning