By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Sep 28, 2013
[Oct. 30, 2013 Update: Corrected typo -- US Form 1099 updates are provided to 2014]
Our release of E-Business Suite 12.2 is accompanied by changes to support timelines for previous releases. These changes were announced at OpenWorld 2013. They override changes announced at OpenWorld 2012.
EBS 184.108.40.206 covered by an Exception to Sustaining Support to December 31, 2015
This provides updates during the Sustaining Support period for:
- New fixes for Severity 1 production issues
- Critical Patch Updates (CPU) for security-related issues
- Legislative updates
- US Form 1099 2013 and 2014 year-end updates
- Payroll regulatory updates for US, Canada, UK, and Australia for each country's fiscal years ending in 2014
Longer EBS 12.1 Premier and Extended Support timelines
- Premier Support runs to December 31, 2016
(Originally was to end May 2014; 31 extra months added)
- Extended Support runs to December 31, 2019
(Originally was to end December 2018; one extra year added)
These changes are officially documented here:
What about E-Business Suite technology stack components?
These support date extensions only cover internal EBS application tier technology stack components such as Oracle Forms and Reports, Oracle HTTP Server, Oracle JServ, Oracle Containers for Java (OC4J), and Java (JDK and JRE).
They do not extend support dates for the Oracle Database or optional externally-integrated application tier components such as Discoverer, Oracle Single Sign-On, Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Internet Directory, or other Fusion Middleware products.
To learn more about the interlocking EBS+techstack component support
windows, see these two articles:
- On Apps Tier Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users
- On Database Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 Now Available
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 Now Available
- You're Closer to EBS 12.1.3 Than You Think
- Important Changes to E-Business Suite Error Correction Support Policy