By Rekha Ayothi-Oracle on Jul 10, 2013
I am pleased to announce a new video tutorial on defining table-validated Lists of Values using the Oracle Web Application Desktop Integrator (Web ADI). One of the common requirements for List of Values in a Web
Application Desktop Integrator spreadsheet is to display user-friendly
values in a desktop-based spreadsheet but upload a corresponding
identifier or code to the E-Business Suite. You can learn how to do this in this new tutorial.
Using the List of Values component with Web ADI
Oracle Web Application Desktop Integrator supports Oracle E-Business Suite’s user interface components such as List of Values (LOV) in spreadsheets. In a Web Application Desktop Integrator spreadsheet, a List of Values can be displayed as a pop-list or as a standard Search and Select view. A table-validated List of Values is a type of List of Values that not only displays set of values from a table, but also ensures that the value uploaded to Web Application Desktop Integrator Interface is valid.
The Desktop Integration Framework allows you to create custom desktop integrators for Web Application Desktop Integrator in E-Business Suite Release 12. You can define table-validated List of Values components for data uploaded from spreadsheets to the Oracle E-Business Suite.
What is in this tutorial?This step-by-step video tutorial walks you through the following:
- Prepare Database Objects
- Create Custom Integrator
- Define Table List of Values Component
- Associate Table List of Values Component to Interface Attribute
- Define Layout for Integrator
- Preview Integrator
- Verify uploaded data
Your feedback is welcome
This is our first video tutorial and we're very interested in feedback. Please post a comment here or drop us an email directly with your thoughts.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Desktop Integration Framework Developer's Guide
- Oracle E-Business Suite Desktop Integration Framework Release Notes for Consolidated Patch 9790225:R12.BNE.B (Doc ID 1450420.1)
- Oracle Learning YouTube channel
- New Whitepaper: Defining Web Applications Desktop Integrators That Return Error Messages
- Update for Web Applications Desktop Integrator 12.1.3 Now Available
- Build Custom Web ADI Integrators with EBS 12.1.2 Desktop Integration Framework