By Steven Chan-EBS Development-Oracle on Jan 18, 2013
[Updated Jan. 22: Added link for OAM 11.1.2; thanks to Jennifer C. for pointing out the inadvertent omission]
I've previously published advice on the general priorities for applying EBS updates. But what are your top priorities for major upgrades to EBS and its technology stack components?
Here is a summary of our latest upgrade recommendations for
E-Business Suite updates and technology stack components. These quarterly recommendations are based upon the latest
updates to Oracle's product strategies, latest support timelines, and
Upgrade Recommendations for January 2013
- EBS 11i users should upgrade to 12.1.3, or -- if staying on 11i -- should be on the minimum 11i patching baseline,
- EBS 12.0 users should upgrade to 12.1.3, or -- if staying on 12.0 -- should be on the minimum 12.0 patching baseline,
- EBS 12.1 users should upgrade to 12.1.3.
- Oracle Database 10gR2 and 11gR1 users should upgrade to 11gR2 184.108.40.206.
- EBS 12 users of Oracle Single Sign-On 10g users should migrate to Oracle Access Manager 11gR1 220.127.116.11 Bundle Patch 4 or OAM 11gR2 11.1.2.
- EBS 11i users of Oracle Single Sign-On 10g users should migrate to Oracle Access Manager 10g 10.1.4.3.
- Oracle Internet Directory 10g users should upgrade to Oracle Internet Directory 11g 18.104.22.168.
- Oracle Discoverer users should migrate to Oracle
Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Oracle Business
Intelligence Applications (OBIA), or Discoverer 11g 22.214.171.124.
- Oracle Portal 10g users should migrate to Oracle WebCenter 11g 126.96.36.199 or upgrade to Portal 11g 188.8.131.52.
- All Windows desktop users should migrate from JInitiator and older Java releases to JRE 1.6.0_38 or later 1.6 updates, or JRE 1.7.0_11 or later 1.7 updates.
- All Firefox users should upgrade to Firefox Extended Support Release 17.
- EBS 11i and 12.1 Support Timeline Changes
- On Database Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users
- On Apps Tier Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users
- EBS Support Information Center + Patching & Maintenance Advisor Available on My Oracle Support
- What's the Best Way to Patch an E-Business Suite Environment?