By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Oct 09, 2012
Two important changes to the Oracle Lifetime Support policies for Oracle E-Business Suite were announced at OpenWorld last week. These changes affect EBS Releases 11i and 12.1.
The changes are detailed in this My Oracle Support document:
- E-Business Suite 11.5.10 Sustaining Support Exception & 12.1 Extended Support Now to Dec. 2018 (Note 1495337.1)
1. Changes for EBS 11i Sustaining Support
The first change is that we will be providing an exception for the first 13 months of Sustaining Support on Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11.5.10 (11i10), valid from December 1, 2013 – December 31, 2014. This exception support will be comprised of three components:
- New fixes for Severity 1 production issues
- United States Form 1099 2013 year-end updates
- Payroll regulatory updates for the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia for fiscal years ending in 2014
Customers environments must have the minimum baseline patches (or above) for new Severity 1 production bug fixes as documented here:
2. Changes for EBS 12.1 Extended Support
More time: Extended Support period for E-Business Suite Release 12.1 has been extended by nineteen months through December, 2018. Customers with an active Oracle Premier Support for Software contract will automatically be entitled to Extended Support for E-Business Suite 12.1.
Fees waived: Uplift fees are waived for all years of Extended Support (June, 2014 –
December. 2018) for customers with an active Oracle Premier Support for
Software contract. During this period, customers will receive all of the
components of Extended Support at no additional cost other than their
fees for Software Update License & Support.
Where can I learn more?
There are two interlocking policies that affect the E-Business Suite: Oracle's Lifetime Support policies for each EBS release (timelines which were updated by this announcement), and the Error Correction Support policies (which state the minimum baselines for new patches).
For more information about how these policies interact, see:
What about E-Business Suite technology stack components?
Things get more complicated when one considers individual techstack components such as Oracle Forms or the Oracle Database. To learn more about the interlocking EBS+techstack component support windows, see these two articles:
- On Apps Tier Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users
- On Database Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users