By Sara Woodhull-Oracle on Mar 16, 2012
The prospect of upgrading from Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i to Release 12 might seem intimidating if you have customized your EBS 11i environment. When considering this upgrade, one of the first things you need to do is review your customizations systematically.
I am pleased to announce the availability of a new white paper that will help you do that:
This white paper provides an overview of how you can manage and upgrade existing Release 11i customizations to Release 12.1. It covers identifying the various types of customizations you might have--such as personalizations, Oracle Forms, Web ADI, and mod_plsql--and how to handle them during your upgrade.
The document discusses upgrading Oracle E-Business
Suite customizations in the context of the following cycle:
- Creating an inventory of your existing customizations
- Comparing customizations to standard Release 12 functionality
- Upgrading customizations
- Reimplementing customizations
- Creating future customizations
The paper also provides recommendations on customization technologies such as Oracle Application Framework (OAF), Oracle Application Express (APEX), and Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF).
This white paper is written for Oracle E-Business Suite system administrators, DBAs,
developers, and implementers.
- Whitepaper Update: Planning Your E-Business Suite 11i Upgrade to R12.1 (Third Edition)
- ATG Live Webcast: Upgrading your EBS 11i Customizations to Release 12
- Extended Support Fees Waived for E-Business Suite 11i and 12.0
- Best Practices for Combining EBS Upgrades with Platform Migrations
- Quarterly E-Business Suite Upgrade Recommendations: January 2012 Edition
- New Whitepaper: Upgrading EBS 11i Forms + OA Framework Personalizations to EBS 12
- Forms Personalization - Get It While It's Hot!
- To Customize or Not to Customize?