By Rekha Ayothi-Oracle on May 09, 2012
Desktop Integration Framework is a wizard-driven user interface to create and manage custom desktop integrators for the Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator in Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3. Custom desktop integrators allow your users to:
- Create a formatted document such as a spreadsheet on the desktop containing application-specific fields for data entry.
- Import data into the desktop document from the database, a text file or using Java program.
- Work with the data in the desktop application while enforcing the owning application's business rules.
- Upload data from the desktop document into Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Validate the data being uploaded and receive immediate feedback about the results of the validation during the upload process.
- Submit program to import data from staging tables, Open Interface tables to E-Business Suite base tables.
What's new in this update?
An important update for Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator Release 12.1.3 is now available:
- Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator 12.1.3 Release Update Patchset 1 (Patch 9790225, R12.BNE.B)
This update includes a number of new fixes and consolidates previously-released patches that address issues in the Desktop Integration Framework of Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator Release 12.1.3. If you are using or planning to use Web ADI's Desktop Integration Framework to create custom desktop integrators, Oracle strongly recommends applying this patch.
- Security Rules: Ability to add or remove multiple form functions at once.
- Pre-import Rules: Ability to reorder the pre-import rules.
- The pages in the integrator definition wizard are enhanced for greater consistency in titles, formatting, and layout.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Desktop Integration Framework Release Notes for Consolidated Patch 9790225:R12.BNE.B (Doc ID 1450420.1)