Sun Startup Essentials MEMBERS Webinars - Series starts in September - Delivered by the A-Team
By Stewart Townsend on Aug 27, 2009
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.
Join the Sun Startup Essentials A-Team to hear about Scaling your Architecture, ask questions directly to the team and see if all of them will get on a plane
Join us for a new series of free webinars open only to program members. This will be your chance to ask live questions directly to our Web Scale Architects.
The Scalable Architecture Series will take place on Wednesday, September 2, plus September 16, and September 30, 8:00 am PDT / 11:00 pm EDT / 4:00 pm UK / 5:00 pm Central Europe / 8:30 pm India (Delhi). Can't make the live event? No worries. Sign up anyway and we'll send you a link to the replay after the event.
Each webinar will focus on:
An Introduction To Scalable Web Architectures, Part 1 (30 min) – September 2, 2009
• A high level approach to scalability that helps you save time
• How scalability applies to a generic Web 2.0 architecture
• Options to process more requests on your website when traffic increases
• Increasing computing power and opting for vertical vs. horizontal scalability
An Introduction To Scalable Web Architectures, Part 2 (30 min) – September 16, 2009
• Load balancing
• Caching: why and how?
• Database scalability (replication, MySQL Cluster)
• Impact of scalability on your application
An Introduction To Scalable Web Architectures, Part 3 (30 min) – September 30, 2009
• Key requirements for a web application storage
• Value of ZFS in a web architecture
• How to increase I/O performance and still improve data reliability
• Backing up large amounts of MySQL data
Members, you'll receive an email notification to register soon.
Once you signed up, please contact us and we'll send you the registration link for the webinar.