Sun Startup Essentials helps Online Gaming Company Boosts Uptime and Performance, Cuts Power Consumption and Costs with Sun Server Solution
By Stewart Townsend on Sep 19, 2009
Outspark is a growing entertainment services company that publishes and operates a number of online multiplayer social games. These free games and other related content are used by millions of players around the world every year. The company — which is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and maintains an office in Seoul, Korea — has 60 employees.
- Improve server performance
- Increase system availability
- Scale to meet growth in online Web server usage
- Lower power-consumption costs
Outspark participated in the Sun Startup Essentials program, through which it purchased and implemented a Sun server solution featuring the Sun Fire X2250 server and other Sun server technology. The company also receives additional network services management from Sun partner NaviSite. The Sun server solution contains quad-core processor technology, which lends itself to fast performance and high availability for the game and Web servers managed by Outspark.
- Increased system performance
- Improved system uptime from 80% to 98%
- Increased ability to scale system for future growth
- Reduced power consumption by $250 per month