SoundCloud - Sun Servers, Open Storage and Startup Essentials Program Help Support Monthly Growth of 25% at Web 2.0 Startup
By Stewart Townsend on Sep 16, 2009
Founded in 2007, SoundCloud provides a Web-based platform that is transforming the way music is shared. Over 250,000 customers — including artists and other music professionals — already rely on SoundCloud to send, receive, and distribute music. Based in Berlin, Germany, the company employs 12 people.
- Support exponential growth
- Speed IT productivity
- Accelerate site response times
- Increase availability
SoundCloud took advantage of Sun Startup Essentials to migrate its Web server stack to a solution that includes virtual servers and a hybrid storage pool built with Sun technologies. Hosted and managed by London-based EveryCity, the new architecture quickly scales with growth, delivers the raw performance customers expect, and gives SoundCloud employees the ability to focus on expanding the business.
- Reduced application maintenance by 50%
- Averaged a 25% increase in customers each month
- Scaled to support a tenfold increase in Web traffic
- Increased site performance
- Realized 99.99% application availability