This is the second in a trio of blog posts that look back on Oracle Global Startup Ecosystem in 2018. This blog post was authored by Pavan Cheruvu, Program Director Oracle Global Startup Ecosystem.
2018 went by as a blur for us in the Oracle Global Startup Ecosystem (Oracle GSE). Here is the India perspective on the year as we look forward to 2019!
The year started off the back of a fantastic 2017, with a single minded focus to increase value to Startups and Oracle.
- 2018 opened up with the startups moving to the Universal Credit Model (UCM) of cloud credit consumption, which allowed a startup to explore all Oracle Cloud Services. While startups continued to adopt and migrate existing workloads to the Oracle Cloud, services like Oracle Analytics Cloud, Oracle Big Data Cloud and Oracle Container Services saw high interest
- Marketing outreach and Customer Connect for Startups has been the cornerstone for Oracle GSE. 2018 saw these strengthened with partnership across Oracle Financial Services team, Customer Innovations events & Joint Blogs with Oracle Digital and active participation in the Oracle Cloud Events at Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Bangalore. The adrenaline flowed every week.
- Oracle Open World 2018 at SFO, was the event which we were working towards and it was nice to see two from India make it to the final day. These were: www.disperz.com (“What I Learnt From Larry Ellison”) and www.teknospire.com
We have rewired our processes to enable higher number of startups in shorter timelines to leverage the Oracle Cloud. Startups are offered a unique Milestone linked agile journey with active support from Oracle Cloud Architects, Marketing SME’s and dedicated Oracle Customer Connect teams.
- At OGSE, we visualize ourselves as the “Catalyst” between the “Triangle” of Startups, Oracle Cloud Services & Oracle Customers. To this end, we have now moved to a continuous round the year, location-independent model of working with startups.
- Adding value to startups in a VUCA (Volatile, Complex & Uncertain) world needs a partner who brings multiple intelligences to the table. At Oracle GSE, we have a worldwide team, who act locally and are aligned globally in supporting startups reach their goals.