By sreekanth on Apr 24, 2009
This Summer I had to go to my native place for some reason and I went home with my office laptop so that I can work remotely.After I reached home and tried to check my emails and some internal Sun sites, I could not connect to my VPN using Cisco VPN Client .So I immediately reached my PC Support guys and they could not help either.So I tried googling for the problem,tweaked some settings in Symantec Endpoint Protection before getting to this link.This link has a very good desciption with nice screenshots.If you have also faced problem like me,you go ahead and visit this site.
After a quick restart, now I am able to connect to VPN and browse our local intranet sites.
In Summary(or for some reason the above link is broken) this worked for me,
- Start Menu
- Click on Network Sharing
- Click on Manage Networks in the new window opened
- Right Click on Cisco Adapter and click on Diaognise.
- Reset the Network adapter
- Now it says there is limited connectivity.Ignore it and restart the machine.
- Now try connecting to VPN.Thats all.Now you are connected.
- If you still unable to connect,Click here and search for the problem .