Earlier today Oracle Solaris 11.3 Support Repository Update (SRU) 26 was released. It's now available for download on My Oracle Support Doc ID 2045311.1, or via 'pkg update' from the support repository at https://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/support .
This SRU contains some features and updates that will be of interest to users:
- Enhanced scalability of the callout system. This addresses issues with Real Time threads where large numbers of scheduled concurrent callouts are getting pinned under higher interrupt levels. This fix should benefit large systems and similar workloads.
- Support booting from 4k sector disks on UEFI systems. This fix allows the system to boot and use disks with a 4K sector size and allows Solaris to be supported on a larger number of platforms.
- Oracle Instant Client 12.2 is now available in addition to Oracle Instant Client 12.1. The package names have changed to include a "-122" and "-121" suffix and the version of tools such as sqlplus are now delivered as mediated links. Readme note 29 includes further details.
- International Components for Unicode have been updated to 59.1. Note the library is now built with the GNU project C++ compiler, so make sure icu-config(1) or pkg-config(1) is used to determine correct build flags. Further details are available from the upstream website at http://site.icu-project.org/
- OpenSSL has been updated to 1.0.2l
- The Java 8, Java7, and Java 6 packages have been updated. For more information and bugs fixed, see Java 8 Update 152 Release Notes, Java 7 Update 161 Release Notes, and Java 6 Update 171 Release Notes.
The following components also have updates to address security issues:
- NVIDIA driver packages
- Wireshark has been updated to 2.4.2
- gnupg has been updated to 2.0.30. The gnupg related components are also updated:
- gpgme has been updated to 1.6.0
- libksba has been updated to 1.3.5
- libassuan has been updated to 2.4.3.
- tcpdump has been updated to 4.9.2.
- Apache Tomcat has been updated to 8.5.23.
- Thunderbird has been updated to 52.4.0.
- ImageMagick has been updated to 6.9.9.
For a complete list of bugs fixed in this SRU, see the Bugs Fixed. section of the Readme.
For the list of Service Alerts affecting each Oracle Solaris 11.3 SRU, see Important Oracle Solaris 11.3 SRU Issues (Doc ID 2076753.1).