By Larry Wake -Oracle on Sep 27, 2014
OpenWorld looms! If you're in town by now, you probably already know what you're doing on Sunday as our newly-minted CTO takes the stage at 5 PM, so let's jump ahead to Monday.
Here are some sessions to consider (and yes, there is some overlap here and there...):
- 8:30 AM - Mark Hurd's Keynote (Moscone North, Hall D)
- 9:30 AM - 10:15 AM Breakfast
- Your first chance to join us at Systems/Solaris -land, at the Hotel InterContinental. (On Howard Street, just to the west of Moscone West.)
- 10:15 - 12:15 Enterprise Private Cloud (Part 1): OpenStack Deployment in 20 Minutes
- A Hands-On Lab, at the Hotel Nikko. Grab your breakfast at the InterContinental, then head on over! Learn by doing, ably assisted by Glynn Foster.
- 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM Infrastructure Transformation Made Easy with Oracle Systems
- This is the general session for Systems, in the great outdoors between Moscone North and South, and it looks like it's going to be crazy well-attended. I'm calling it "JohnStock".
- UPDATE: And, as you heard at Sunday's keynote, it's going to have a very special guest overhead!
- 1:30 - 2:15 PM Best Practice Configuration Management with Puppet
- Come on back to the InterContinental, hub of Systems/Solaris activity. Manuel Zach of bwin joins Eric and Glynn to discuss how Puppet integration in Oracle Solaris simplifies system configuration management in the cloud.
- Downtime? Nonsense! Why not head over to Moscone South to see the Solaris and Systems demos?
- 4:00 - 4:45 PM Best Practices for Secure, Compliant Cloud Deployment
- You're at the InterContinental again -- Thorsten Mühlmann of ivv, along with Alex Barclay and Darren Moffat, discuss how to use the latest Oracle Solaris capabilities to assure security compliance for your business' deployment environments.
- 4:15 - 6:15 Enterprise Private Cloud (Part 2): Fast and Secure App Deployment with OpenStack
- And, at the Nikko, Glynn is ready to help as you learn how to combine the interoperability of OpenStack with the advanced utilities of Oracle Solaris to build easy-to-deploy application images.
- 5:15 - 6:00 Build Highly Efficient Object Storage with OpenStack
- Nathan Kroenert of NTT and Cindy Swearingen present at the InterContinental on the combination of Oracle Solaris ZFS and OpenStack Swift.
...annnd: relax! You've earned it. See you Tuesday!