By Terri Wischmann-Oracle on Dec 14, 2011
Today's webcast introduced the new features of Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3.
Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3, Oracle's advanced C, C++ and Fortran development tool suite, accelerates application performance up to 300% on Oracle Systems, provides extreme application observability and enhances developer productivity. Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 is optimized for Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems to deliver:
- Up to 300% faster SPARC T4 and up to 150% faster x86-based applications with Oracle Solaris Studio C, C++ and Fortran compilers
- Oracle Database application development with support for Oracle Database connection management, database browsing and Pro*C
- Remote development to enable creation of server-appliations from any Oracle Solaris, Linux, Microsoft Windows or Mac OS desktop
- New Code Analyzer tool to quickly identify common coding errors, including memory leaks and memory access violations
- Improved Performance Analyzer to collect system-wide performance data
- 20% faster compilation of applications compared to earlier releases
- Accelerates Application Performance
Generate SPARC- and x86-based applications, including SPARC T4, up to 3x faster with Oracle Solaris Studio C, C++ and Fortran compilers and libraries.
- Improves Application Observability
Gain extreme observability into your applications with advanced performance, memory, and thread analysis tools. The new Code Analyzer identifies common coding errors, such as memory leaks, on covered code while highlighting productive steps to increase code coverage.
- Enhances Developer Productivity
Remote development features enable edit, compile, debug, and analyze functionality of server-applications from any Oracle Solaris, Linux, Microsoft Windows or Mac OS operating system. New tooling streamlines C and C++ database application development for the Oracle Database. Oracle Solaris Studio also reduces compilation time up to 20 percent.
To learn More: