Solaris 11.3 SRU27 is now available from My Oracle Support Doc ID 2045311.1, or via 'pkg update' from the support repository at https://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/support .
Included in this SRU are some features that users may find useful:
- A new daxinfo command. This allows users to determine the static configuration of Data Analytics Accelerator (DAX) hardware available on a system.
- Oracle Database Programming Interface-C has been added to Oracle Solaris. Oracle Database Programming Interface-C (ODPI-C) is a wrapper around the Oracle Call Interface (OCI), working transparently with different versions of the Oracle Instant Client libraries.
- ODPI-C eliminates the requirement for applications to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH prior to execution. Additionally, ODPI-C works transparently with multiple versions of the Oracle Instant Client libraries. Software that requires use of the Oracle Instant Client libraries will not require setting ORACLE_HOME prior to execution.
- For more information about ODPI-C, see the Oracle Database Programming Interface for Drivers and Applications project on GitHub.
- GNOME accesibility toolkit libraries (library/desktop/atk) have been updated to version 2.24.0
- GNOME core text and font handling libraries ( library/desktop/pango) have been updated to 1.40.4
- Openssh has been updated to fix bugs relating to sftp.
The SRU also updates the following components which have security fixes:
- Firefox has been updated to 52.5.0esr
- Thunderbird has been updated to 52.5.0
- Updated versions of MySQL:
- MySQL has been updated to 5.5.58
- MySQL has been updated to 5.6.38
- wget has been updated to 1.19.2
Full details of this SRU can be found in My Oracle Support Doc 2338177.1
For the list of Service Alerts affecting each Oracle Solaris 11.3 SRU, see Important Oracle Solaris 11.3 SRU Issues (Doc ID 2076753.1).