Kernel Zones and Unified Archives are two new features of the just announced Oracle Solaris 11.2 release and some of our partners, like SAS have already started using them.
In this guide we are explaining why these features make perfect sense for SAS Systems Administrators and provide a simple cookbook for how Kernel Zones can be easily provisioned and duplicated with Oracle Solaris Unified Archives.
Topics covered in the guide:
- What are Kernel Zones?
- Why are they relevant for SAS Deployments?
- A simplified walkthrough
- Creating the Kernel Zone
- Post Installation Considerations
- Performance Impact - Minimal
- Cloning & Deployment Using Solaris Unified Archives
- Upgrading from Solaris 11.1 to Solaris 11.2
Do you want to check all those new features for yourself? Download the Oracle Solaris 11.2 Beta