Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.0 for Oracle Solaris 11 Now Available
By Larry Wake-Oracle on Dec 06, 2011
This morning, we announced the availability (no pun intended) of Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.0, bringing additional High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) capabilities to Oracle Solaris 11.
The combination of Oracle Solaris 11 and Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.0 goes right to the heart of enterprise cloud computing. Oracle Solaris Cluster allows you to create not only clusters of physical computers, but also virtual clusters, making it ideal for secure, reliable deployment of mission critical services in public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.0 takes advantage of the new Oracle Solaris Image Packaging System, making installation, updates, and fixes even easier and error-free.
And of course, it has all the virtues Oracle Solaris Cluster has always been known for:
- Fast, accurate failover, via kernel-level integration
- "Out-of-the-box” support for a wide range of Oracle and third-party software products
- Easy integration of additional commercial and in-house applications
- Built-in disaster recovery across unlimited distances
To learn more:
- Oracle Solaris Cluster overview
- Oracle Solaris Cluster at the Oracle Technology Network (OTN)
- Oracle Solaris Cluster Training