Tuesday Aug 27, 2013
Friday Aug 23, 2013
By Larry Wake on Aug 23, 2013
Time certainly flies... here we are, coming up on the fourth Oracle OpenWorld since we became part of Oracle. And the show just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
This year, plan to spend some time at the Westin San Francisco Market Street -- that's where you're going to find Oracle hardware, operating systems (both Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux), and Oracle virtualization technologies setting up camp for most of their breakout sessions. Think of the Westin as "Systems Central."
But there will be other outposts of Oracle Solaris and systems goodness as well -- the DEMOgrounds in Moscone South will be home to lots of interesting demos (and interesting people demoing them), and our popular Hands-On Labs series will return in force, with half a dozen opportunities to dig into Oracle Solaris-related topics.
As usual, we'll give you more details on sessions and labs in upcoming blog posts, but for now, here are a couple of key documents to give you a rundown of what's in store for you:
- Focus on Oracle Solaris (http://bit.ly/OOW13-Solaris)
- Focus on Servers (http://bit.ly/OOW13-Servers)
These documents will most likely be updated a time or two before the show, so check back before you head out to San Francisco.
Monday Aug 12, 2013
By Larry Wake on Aug 12, 2013
Don't forget -- we've got another webcast coming up at 10 AM PT tomorrow morning, as Oracle introduces new technology for enterprise virtualization.
Webcast: Virtualization and Cloud Made Simple and Easy with Oracle's Latest Engineered System
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET
Friday Aug 09, 2013
By Larry Wake on Aug 09, 2013
Earlier this week, we had the latest Oracle Solaris web forum. Is it possible that you weren't there? Was something more pressing on your agenda, such as, I don't know: work? Or, if you're in a different time zone: sleep?
Did you, in fact, miss out on the whole thing?
No. No, you did not.
You can see all three sessions:
- Oracle’s Investment in Oracle Solaris - Best Enterprise UNIX for Oracle Systems and Software
- Oracle Solaris: Optimized for Oracle Software
- Oracle Solaris: Optimized for Oracle’s Enterprise Systems
Plus, you'll have access to the transcripts from the live Q & A. If you're ready, we are, too:
Oracle Solaris Web Forum Replay: View Now
- March 18th, 2014: Virtual Sysadmin Day for Europe, Middle East, and Africa
- Making the Move From AIX/POWER to Solaris/SPARC
- Oracle Solaris Blogroll
- Oracle Solaris, Pluribus Networks and OpenStack
- Happy New Year! Happy Upcoming Virtual Sysadmin Day!
- Partners Weigh in on Oracle Solaris 11
- Oracle Joins OpenStack Foundation; Plans for Oracle Solaris Announced
- Eleven Eleven Eleven Plus Two
- "Systems Central" at OOW13
- Where to Go? What to See? Glynn Has Some Oracle Solaris Insights for OOW13