By Larry Wake -Oracle on Oct 01, 2014
Wednesday's winding down. The engineering panel was a hit once again, and the room was packed. Lots of show attendees are getting ready to head out to Treasure Island--but there's one day left.
No keynotes on Thursday; we just dive right into the last round of technical sessions (all of which are at the Hotel InterContinental).
SPECIAL OFFER: Tomorrow morning, I'm going to be at the Virtual Compute Appliance demo, part of the Engineered Systems showcase in Moscone North, at the foot of the big staircase, at 7:30 AM (!).
As an earlybird special for anyone joining me at that hour, after having been appreciated the night before: the first three people to greet me with the exact phrase:
"Yo, dude. I read your blog."
...will receive a valuable Oracle Optimized Solutions -logoed electronic tchotchke of my choosing.
- 9:30 AM - 10:15 AM Enterprise-Class Platform as a Service and Database as a Service with OpenStack
- Join Glynn Foster and Scott Lynn to learn more about the power of OpenStack and Oracle Solaris for building flexible, cost-effective, and secure IT infrastructures.
- 10:45 AM - 11:30 AM Kernel Zones: Next-Generation Cloud Platform
- Oracle Solaris 11.2 introduced a powerful new capability to Zone virtualization: the ability to have isolated kernel functionality in each zone, without the overhead associated with Type 2 hypervisors. Learn more from Duncan Hardie and Ed Pilatowicz from the Oracle Solaris group, joined by Robert Jenkins, CEO of CloudSigma.
- 12:00 PM - 12:45 PM Top 10 Tips and Tricks for Getting the Best Database Performance from Oracle Solaris Systems
- Learn about how to combine the power of the latest generation of Oracle Solaris features with the latest generation of Oracle Database 12c features.
- 12:00 PM - 12:45 PM Guarantee SLAs with Application-Driven, Software-Defined Networking
- Find out what you need to know about using the new built-in capabilities of Oracle Solaris 11.2 to guarantee your application network performance, with Leonid Grossman and Scott Lynn of the Oracle Solaris development team.
- 12:00 PM - 12:45 PM Code Analysis Tools for Achieving Consistent, Secure, and Reliable Product Quality
- As we keep hearing, small coding errors can lead to serious security risks--and huge financial consequences. Find out how to use Oracle Solaris Studio to pinpoint these types of errors.
- 1:15 PM - 2:00 PM Best Practices for Oracle Solaris Lifecycle Management
- Find out how easy it is to quickly create, deploy, and manage your cloud with Oracle Solaris, with Oracle Solaris' Eric Saxe and Glynn Foster.
- 2:30 PM - 3:15 PM No-Compromise Virtualization: Making Your Data Center Cloud Efficient, Scalable, and Flexible
- Michael Ramchand and Duncan Hardie show how to use Oracle systems' built-in virtualization technologies to bring more flexibility, higher performance, and unique value to your business compared to competing technologies.