Today we are releasing the SRU 8 for Oracle Solaris 11.4. It is available via 'pkg update' from the support repository or by downloading the SRU from My Oracle Support Doc ID 2433412.1
This SRU introduces the following enhancements:
- Integration of 28060039 introduced an issue where any firmware update/query commands will log eereports and repeated execution of such commands led to faulty/degraded NIC. The issue has been addressed in this SRU.
- UCB (libucb, librpcsoc, libdbm, libtermcap, and libcurses) libraries have been reinstated for Oracle Solaris 11.4
- Re-introduction of the service fc-fabric.
- ibus has been updated to 1.5.19
The following components have also been updated to address security issues:
- NTP has been updated to 4.2.8p12
- Firefox has been updated to 60.6.0esr
- BIND has been updated to 9.11.6
- OpenSSL has been updated to 1.0.2r
- MySQL has been updated to 5.6.43 & 5.7.25
- libxml2 has been updated to 2.9.9
- libxslt has been updated to 1.1.33
- Wireshark has been updated to 2.6.7
- ncurses has been updated to 18.104.22.16890105
- Apache Web Server has been updated to 2.4.38
- perl 5.22
Full details of this SRU can be found in My Oracle Support Doc 2529131.1. For the list of Service Alerts affecting each Oracle Solaris 11.4 SRU, see Important Oracle Solaris 11.4 SRU Issues (Doc ID 2445150.1).