Project SocialSite - What is going on ?
By vijaysr on Sep 12, 2008
Project SocialSite was announced to the public about a month back and since then we have pushed couple of promoted builds out for the community to try it out. We have got some feedback - good and bad :) So what are we up to now?
- We have a wiki for the project where we will be posting our all project related documentation like guides, "how to" documentaiton, design documentation, design proposals, feature lists etc
- We decided to reduce our dependence on jMaki. The proposal for this is available here. Implementation of this is almost done and is present in the latest workspace
- We also have a proposal for security model for the project
- We decided to implement complete support for RESTful API specification.
- The above two are big changes and hence the workspace may be a little bit unstable - please bear with us. But the latest promoted build is the one built before the above changes and hence should be stable
- We have been busy putting together some documentation plan. We will be using the project wiki to publish these draft documentation and we welcome feedback from the community
- The documentation on the wiki will be live and will keep changing as the product matures
- We also spent sometime look at our our development tests, test framework etc. We hope to have better automated tests available in the workspace soon
That is some of the things that we have been busy with. Now what the community can expect?
- The next promoted build may not be out for 2-3 weeks till we complete implementation of support for OpenSocial REST specification
- You can expect one milestone build every month for the next 2-3 months (at around the end of every month starting 9/30)
- You will see draft documentation starting to appear on our project wiki in the next week
- You will also see our detailed release plan, features available in each milestone etc
Thanks a lot for your support and interest so far. Keep the feedback coming. :)