I just built a combined OSB, SOA/BPM, BAM clustered domain. The biggest hassle is validating that the resource targeting is correct. There is a great appendix in the documentation that lists all the modules and resources with their associated targets. The only problem is that the appendix is six pages of small print. I manually went through the first page, verifying my target, until I thought ‘there must be a better way of doing this’. So this blog post is the better way :-)
WLST to the Rescue
WebLogic Scripting Tool allows us to query the MBeans and discover what resources are deployed and where they are targeted. So I built a script that iterates over each of the following resource types and verifies that they are correctly targeted:
To get the data to verify my domain against, I copied the tables from the documentation into a text file. The copy ended up putting the resource on the first line and the targets on the second line. Rather than reformat the data I just read the lines in pairs, storing the resource as a string and splitting apart the targets into a list of strings. I then stored the data in a dictionary with the resource string as the key and the target list as the value. The code to do this is shown below: Read the full article here.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.