Oracle is evolving the Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) to achieve the
vision of supporting the entire Enterprise IT Lifecycle, including
support for the successful implementation of every Oracle product. OUM
replaces Legacy Methods, such as AIM Advantage, AIM for Business Flows,
EMM Advantage, PeopleSoft's Compass, and Siebel's Results Roadmap.
provides an implementation approach that is rapid, broadly adaptive,
and business-focused. OUM includes a comprehensive project and program
management framework and materials to support Oracle's growing focus on
enterprise-level IT strategy, architecture, and governance.
OUM release 6.2 provides support for Application Implementation, Cloud
Application Services Implementation, and Software Upgrade projects as
well as the complete range of technology projects including Business
Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Security, WebCenter, Service-Oriented
Architecture (SOA), Application Integration Architecture (AIA), Business
Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Integration, and Custom Software.
Detailed techniques and tool guidance are provided, including a
supplemental guide related to Oracle Tutor and UPK.
This release features:
- OUM Cloud Application Services Implementation Approach Templates
- OUM Cloud Application Services Implementation Approach Guidance and Templates fully integrated
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) View updated to align with TOGAF Version 9.1
- Scrum View enhanced based on feedback from Subject Matter Experts, including additional Tasks and Technique Guidance
- Implement Core Workflow refined based on feedback from Subject Matter Experts
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) refined based on feedback from Subject
Matter Experts, specifically CMM.060 Submit Final Reports task moved to
Close Processes and Contract activity and QM.030 Conduct Project Team
Quality Management Orientation task moved to Orient and Manage Team
- OUM Microsoft Project Workplan Template realigned with Manage WBS
- Compliance with Oracle's Accessibility Guidelines - Phase Two
For a comprehensive list of features and enhancements, refer to the "What's New" page of the Method Pack.
releases will provide expanded support for Oracle's Enterprise
Application suites including product-suite specific materials and
guidance for tailoring OUM to support various engagement types.
Access for PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners
OPN Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are able to access the OUM
method pack, training courses, and collateral from the OPN Portal at no
- Go to the OPN Portal at partner.oracle.com. and Select "Sign In / Register for Account". and Sign In.
- From the Product Resources section, select "Applications".
- From the Applications page, locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method" link.
- From the Oracle Unified Method Knowledge Zone, locate the "I want to:" section.
- From the I want to: section, locate and select "Implement Solutions".
- From the Implement Solution page, locate the "Best Practices" section.
- Locate and select the "Download Oracle Unified Method (OUM)" link.
SOA & BPM Partner Community
regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA
& BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.
Blog Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Wiki