Cloud-based Enterprise Architecture by Steve Millidge, C2B2 Consulting @ SOA, Cloud & Service Technology Symposium 2012
By Juergenkress-Oracle on Aug 10, 2012
Early-Bird Registration is Now Open with Special Pricing! Register before July 1, 2012 to qualify for discounts. Visit the Registration page for details.
The International SOA, Cloud + Service Technology Symposium is a yearly event that features the top experts and authors from around the world, providing a series of keynotes, talks, demonstrations, and panels, as well as training and certification workshops - all dedicated to empowering IT professionals to realize modern service technologies and practices in the real world.
Steve Millidge, C2B2 Consulting
Steve is the director and founder of C2B2 Consulting - a specialist Java consultancy focusing exclusively on achieving non-functional requirements. Steve has used Java extensively since pre1.0 and has been a field based professional service consultant for over 15 years. Through C2B2 he now focuses on the configuration of JEE and SOA infrastructure for maximum Scalability, Performance, Availability, Recoverability, Manageability and Security. Having worked for and on behalf of Oracle, BEA and Red Hat professional services he has extensive experience of deploying large scale production Java systems. Steve is an expert group member of JSR107 (Java Caching), JSR286 (Portlets) and JSR347 (Data Grids). Steve has spoken at a number of events including Java One, JBoss User Group, JBoss World, UK Oracle User Group Conference, UK Coherence SIG, The Server Side Symposium, Community One and regularly presents technical workshops on Data Grids and Coherence.
We know service-oriented architectures can deliver huge agility benefits for developing new functionality through repeated service reuse. However, if our shared services become highly used, they may be subjected to massively increased loads from runtime events that we, as service owners, cannot predict. With the significant return on investment gained with the deployment of public and private clouds, virtualization technology is now making it possible to combine SOA infrastructures with monitoring and APM tools to elastically scale out service deployments in response to real-time load increases.
This session will take a technical deep dive into a service-oriented architecture engineered specifically for elasticity. The following questions will be explored:
- How can I monitor the load on my Services?
- How can I fire up additional compute capacity as a service becomes loaded?
- How do I architect my SOA deployment to utilise the power and flexibility of a private or public cloud?
- How do I deploy UDDI to ensure clients can fully utilise new capacity?
- How can I see what is happening on my ESB infrastructure?
talk is aimed at for architects and developers who have moved beyond
"playing" with SOA in the cloud, and are looking to deploy SOA into a
cloud-based production environment.
KEYNOTES & SPEAKERS
More than 80 international subject matter experts will be speaking at the Symposium. Below are confirmed keynotes and speakers so far. Over 50% of the agenda has not yet been finalized. Many more speakers to come. View the partial program calendars on the Conference Agenda page.
CONFERENCE THEMES & TRACKS
- Cloud Computing Architecture & Patterns
- New SOA & Service-Orientation Practices & Models
- Emerging Service Technology Innovation
- Service Modeling & Analysis Techniques
- Service Infrastructure & Virtualization
- Cloud-based Enterprise Architecture
- Business Planning for Cloud Computing Projects
- Real World Case Studies
- Semantic Web Technologies (with & without the Cloud)
- Governance Frameworks for SOA and/or Cloud Computing Projects
- Service Engineering & Service Programming Techniques
- Interactive Services & the Human Factor
- New REST & Web Services Tools & Techniques
Specialized partners have proven their skills by certifications and
customer references. To find a local Specialized partner please visit http://solutions.oracle.com
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.