In this article, I make some suggestions and provide opinions on topologies recommended in SOA Suite 12c.
Typically Service Bus and SOA Suite belong in different tiers in an end
to end architecture so they would be in separate domains. However if
Service Bus is used primarily for mediating and providing routing for
SOA Suite Composites in a domain, it could be in the same domain, but
typically in separate clusters for optimum performance and scalability.
However it is possible starting in 12c to have Service Bus and SOA
Suite in the same cluster.
· Governance products like OER and UDDI
should not be in a SOA Suite or Service Bus domain. They should be in a
separate domain. OER should be in a separate domain from UDDI.
One consideration when deciding on topologies is that Upgrade is always
domain wide. All products deployed to the domain must release in the
same release train and you should be willing to upgrade all of them at
the same time.
· You can target multiple products to the same
cluster by targeting the appropriate user extensible server group to
the servers in the cluster.
1. SOA Suite is targeted to a server by targeting either the user extensible server group SOA-MGD-SVRS or SOA-MGD-SVRS-ONLY.
Service Bus is targeted to a server by targeting either the user
extensible server group OSB-MGD-SVRS-COMBINED or OSB-MGD-SVRS-ONLY.
3. BAM is targeted to a server by targeting either the user extensible server group BAM12-MGD-SVRS or BAM12-MGD-SVRS-ONLY.
4. MFT is targeted to a server by targeting either the user extensible server group MFT-MGD-SVRS or MFT-MGD-SVRS-ONLY.
5. ESS is targeted to a server by targeting the user extensible server group ESS-MGD-SVRS. Read the complete article here
SOA & BPM Partner Community
regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA
& BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.
Blog Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Wiki