By Juergenkress-Oracle on Nov 15, 2015
There are many good reasons for business to look very seriously at the Oracle Process Cloud Service as a way to provision a fully managed BPM environment that lets the business focus on process improvement. Previous releases of Oracle BPM admitedly have focused on the technologist and not the business user. However, the evolution to the Process Cloud has been underway since 11g via the Process Composer tool. Process Cloud now makes it available to everyone.
For the business, there are many reasons to move to the Oracle Process Cloud:
- It wlll lower start-up and upfront costs for both IT infrastructure and software licenses.
- Cloud implementations reduce risks associated with large capital investment with smoother predictable operational expenditures. Large one-time software upgrade costs are also eliminated.
- Cloud customers benefit from using the latest product version and can rapidly leverage new feature capabilities.
- Requires the business to pay only for what they need, rather than over or under engineering an on premise business application. "Elastic scalability’ ensures the business only pays for the capacity that is needed when it is needed.
- Provides high performance and continuous availability: automatic load balancing and failover provide continuous availability.
The first release of the Oracle Process Cloud provides a full lifecycle, soup to nuts process management tool. The Process Cloud user interface is fast, modern, and designed for the business. It isn't designed for the IT types (although us IT types will enjoy using them too.) This topic is a tour through many of the Process Cloud screens at a high level so you can get a feel for how complete it is. Many of the features you'll see here can also be found in the on-premise Process Composer tool, a web-based tool, also oriented to business users.
Process Composer Home
on your role in the Process Cloud environment, you will have different
options available on the Process Composer main page. Read the complete article here.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.