By Juergenkress-Oracle on Jan 20, 2015
About This Book
- Develop BPEL and SOA composite solutions with Oracle SOA Suite 12c and JDeveloper 12c
- Understand Human interaction in BPEL and learn how to add human tasks to a BPEL processes
- Automate business processes with WS-BPEL 2.0
- Implement and develop compensation and compensation handlers in BPEL processes
Who This Book Is For
If you are a software architect, a designer, a software developer, an SOA and BPM architect, a project manager, or a business process analyst who is responsible for the design and development of business processes, composite applications, and BPM/SOA solutions, then this book is for you. You should have a clear grasp of general SOA concepts including business processes and web services, but no prior knowledge of the BPEL language is required.
Matjaz B. Juric
Matjaz B. Juric holds a PhD in Computer and Information Science. He is a full-time professor at the University of Ljubljana and the Head of the Cloud Computing and SOA Competency Centre (www.soa.si). Matjaz is an Oracle ACE Director, a Java Champion, and an IBM Champion. He has more than 20 years of work experience. He has authored/coauthored Do More with SOA Integration, WS-BPEL 2.0 for SOA Composite Applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware Patterns, Business Process Driven SOA using BPMN and BPEL, Business Process Execution Language for Web Services (English and French editions), BPEL Cookbook: Best Practices for SOA-based integration and composite applications development(awarded the best SOA book in 2007 by SOA World Journal), SOA Approach to Integration, all by Packt Publishing.
Denis Weerasiri is a Computer Science and Engineering student, pursuing his PhD at the University of New South Wales. Before this, he worked as a senior software engineer for WSO2, an open source SOA company. He obtained his BSc Engineering degree with first class honors in the year 2010 from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. His research interests are distributed systems, cloud resource configuration management, and business process management.
What You Will Learn
- Design and develop BPEL 2.0 executable business processes
- Become familiar with BPEL 2.0 activities and the most important usage scenarios
- Learn how to invoke and orchestrate services, manipulate data and use variables
- Implement conditions and loops, and recognize fault-handling capabilities to avoid unexpected states
- Understand message exchange patterns and learn about asynchronous communication channels and dynamic parallel invocations
- Learn about human interactions, human tasks, events and event handling, and compensations
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.