By Juergenkress-Oracle on Jun 25, 2015
The requirement is easily written down: the web page contains a form with multiple form items. Each user should be allowed to personalize the form at run time. This personalization entails the ability to hide and show form items. When user has decided to hide and show specific items – this decision should be persisted across sessions so that when the user logins at a later date, the form items she has hidden are still invisible and the displayed ones displayed.
This article describes how to implement this particular requirement in an ADF 12c Fusion Web Application. Note: the same steps and code will do the job for ADF 11g.
ADF has built in support for customization – both at design time and run time. Customization can be defined at various levels (or layers as the terminology is). One of these layers – typically the most fine grained – is the user level. Customizations at user level are frequently called personalizations.
In order for an ADF web application to support customization and personalization, we have to configure a number of things:
· a user-level customization class has to be configured in the adf-config.xml
· ADF Security has to be configured – so users can be identified (so their personalizations can be stored and retrieved)
· customizations has to be enabled in the properties of the View project
· the specific customization we are interested in (personalizing the visible or rendered attribute on inputText components) has to be enabled in the adf-config.xml file
· a managed bean is configured that receives the updated form item definitions and sends them to the ADF Change Manager that writes them to MDS
· a simple JSF page is developed with a form and a shuttle component to indicate which form items are to be hidden or displayed
The page looks as follows in this example: Read the complete article here.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.