SOA Suite 12c added a new component: Oracle Enterprise Scheduler Service (ESS). ESS provides the ability to run different job types distributed across the nodes in an Oracle WebLogic Server cluster. Oracle Enterprise Scheduler runs these jobs securely, with high availability and scalability, with load balancing and provides monitoring and management through Fusion Middleware Control. ESS was available as part of the Fusion Applications product offering. Now it is available in SOA Suite 12c. In this blog, I will demonstrate how to use a new Oracle extension, “Schedule Job”, in JDeveloper 12c to submit an ESS job request from a BPEL process.
Set up a scheduled job in Enterprise Scheduler Service
1. Create a SOA composite with a simple synchronous BPEL process, HelloWorld.
2. Deploy HelloWorld to Weblogic.
3. Logon to Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager.
4. Go to Scheduling Services -> ESSAPP -> Job Metadata -> Job Definitions. This takes you to the Job Definitions page.
5. Click the “Create” button, this takes you to Create Job Definition page. Enter:
Display Name: Hello World Job
Description: Hello World Job
Job Type: SyncWebserviceJobType
Then click “Select Web Service…”. It pops up a window for the web service.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.