Oracle API Platform Cloud Service provides a foundation for Digital Transformation through the first API Management offering that comprises the full API Lifecycle. Encompassing the complete API continuum from API Design & Standardization via Apiary’s trusted API Design & Documentation Platform through to API Security, Discovery & Consumption, Monetization, and Analysis, the API Platform Cloud Service provides a completely new, simplified API management user experience on top of a proven API gateway.
It is easy for an organization to eliminate the challenges associated with traditional API management with the API Platform Cloud Service. Teams have the agility provided by Apiary to collaborate on design specs quickly, developing front- and back-end services in parallel, achieving visibility into API use for better control and monetization of digital assets, as well as the assurance that their APIs are secured against unauthorized users and potential attacks.
· Apiary Mock Server: Quickly model an API on Apiary’s hosted server to make sure that everyone is on-board
· Apiary Interactive Documentation: Give API consumers the information they need to succeed. The Apiary Documentation Console takes the API Description and allows you to not only read and write, but also to interact with your API—even before you’ve built it
· API Implementation: Build new APIs using Apiary UI
· API Deployment: Deploy, Activate, Deprecate, and Remove APIs
· API Inventory & Catalog: Know which APIs are available for use
· Application Registration & Management: Manage the applications using your APIs to ensure proper usage
· Operational Analytics: 10 pre-built charts to see, for example, who is using your API, how, and if they are encountering issues
· Policies: Top security, quality of service, and routing policies
· User Roles & Grants: Control access to your APIs with API-level entitlements
The API Platform Cloud Service is a leader where there has been a gap in full lifecycle API Management. The API Platform Cloud Service is the only platform that provides complete support for API Lifecycle from API Design & Standardization to API Security, Discovery & Consumption, Monetization, and Analysis on top of a proven API gateway.
· Deployment Flexibility
· Low Operational Cost:
· Rich Functional, Operational and Audit Capabilities
· Customizable Developer Portal
· Proven Technology
What Oracle APIP Beta Participants & Apiary Customers Say About Oracle Innovation:
“Customers want to unlock the value in their systems by delivering APIs to internal developers and even customers to re-invent and remix critical business functions. A product like APIP reduces the administrative burden of launching services by handling API discovery, security, throttling, and versioning in a innovated hybrid cloud solution. We look forward to helping our customers take advantage of this game-changing product from Oracle.”
-- Steve Giovannetti, CTO & Founder, Hub City Media, Inc.
"Trunk Club has been able to develop new solutions quickly with Oracle Apiary. Originally, a lack of API documentation left a lot of room for interpretation, but since implementing Oracle Apiary, API documentation has been a game changer. Front-end and back-end teams have been able to focus on better API design, and the integrated mock server has allowed us to develop in parallel. Not only has development time gone down, using Oracle Apiary brought the architecture and payload discussion earlier in the development process, making it easier for us to collaborate across teams and platforms."
-- Brian Lee, Engineering Manager at Trunk Club
“As the tendency continues for organizations to adopt not one but multiple cloud vendors, information has never been more federated. Real time access to such assets via APIs has therefore become a priority for our customers. Oracle API Platform Cloud Service delivers a pure-play 3rd generation API solution capable of creating and managing APIs that run in any vendor’s cloud and/or on-premises –whilst keeping the entire platform operations and API lifecycle central in the Oracle Cloud.
This flexible architecture means that we can create robust solutions for our customers that really puts them in the driving sit when it comes to managing access to information via APIs –regardless of where they are. The incorporation of Apiary into the platform, only makes it better as developers also get the tools they need to ensure that those APIs are well designed, documented and are easy to consume.”
-- Luis Weir, Chief Architect, Application Services, Capgemini UK.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.