by Manoj Das: The BPM product team is very pleased to announce that BPM Suite 220.127.116.11 Feature Pack is now publicly available. This feature pack includes many significant enhancements and new features. Some of the highlights of this release are:
More Business Friendly
Significantly Enhanced Process Composer
- Versions and Snapshots: From process composer, you can create and manage snapshots and see who changed what and when.
- Sharing and Collaboration: An enhanced project-level sharing model and collaboration features showing who else is working on the project at any time
- Improved Ease of Use: Their is a new project home that makes managing project and its artifacts much more intuitive. Also, improved properties window, editing cues, and many other enhancements targeted at business analysts.
New Business Analyst Features
- Documentation (Report) Generation: Generate process documentation as HTML or XML. XML format may be used to create custom outputs.
- BPMN 2.0 Collaboration View: Provide a collaboration diagram view based on BPMN 2.0 specification; available in both Composer and Studio.
- Alter Flow: Alter Flow lets an appropriately privileged user alter the execution of a process by changing the process data and/or moving it to a different activity.
- Instance Patching: Change the definition of process and patch in-flight instances to the new definition
- Broader UCM Integration: Process and task attachments can be easily managed in UCM and related metadata can be set from BPM.
- Advanced Services Integration: Some of the more advanced services integration capabilities available in our BPEL product such as message based correlation and ability of a process instance to converse with multiple instances of another process or service are now available in BPMN. (The BPMN features are Correlations and Conversations).
- Richer Human Workflow: New features including parametric roles, organization unit based role selection, sticky-user based assignment, and support for 4-eye principle (if a person did one task exclude them from another task) were added.
Richer Process Analytics
- Round-trip Simulation – Create simulation scenarios based on run time data.
- BI Integration: Process specific views are automatically created on top of the process STAR schema to facilitate analysis using Oracle BI or any other BI tool.
Something for Developers Too
- Draft Mode: Develop process incrementally by marking activities as draft or test a process while a service is offline.
- Custom Log: Add custom messages to be added to the BPM log and audit trail.
- Rule Test Framework: Easily create and run test cases for testing business rules (see chapter 8 of doc).
- Enhanced Rule Audit Trail: Rule audit trail shows much more information including state of facts, rule stack, etc.
- Workspace Customization: Easier customization of Workspace including skinning, disabling standard tabs, more fetaure rich custom tabs, custom links, and ability to customize Inbox.
- Documented BPM APIs: In addition to the fabric and workflow APIs, BPM APIs are also documented (see javadoc).
Download and More Info
For a more complete article on the new features in this release, link to the documentation, as well as instructions on downloading it see What’s New in BPM Suite 18.104.22.168 Feature Pack.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required)
Blog Twitter LinkedIn Mix Forum