A lot has happened since the publishing of Part II of this article series. Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW) has advanced and on the process side we’re working on a truly multi-tenant, OCI native offering. As part of this, we’re re-architecting parts of the Machine Learning capabilities for Digital Process Automation and we will talk about this in a later article. In this article though, we’d like to demonstrate how ADW and Oracle REST Data Services can be used today for the consumption of Machine Learning models in Business Processes or any other component that supports RESTful Services.
For this article we’re considering a Rental Car Use Case. We pick this use case for various reasons:
· Renting a car is well understood by many people, almost all of us went through some great or miserable experience while renting a car.
· We have a great formal description of the case in the form of EU Rent, which was originally developed as a challenge for Business Rules implementations.
· Quite incidentally, there are two public data sets available that we could use for Machine Learning
- A Car Evaluation data set for the prediction of the car safety. This can be used to build classification models for the prediction of the safety of a car.
- A Car Mileage per Gallon (MPG) data set for the prediction of the mileage per gallon of a car. This data set can be used to build regression models. Reda the complete article here. Read the complete article here.
For regular information on Oracle PaaS become a member in the PaaS (Integration & Process) Partner Community please register here.