In this blog I'd like to show you how to migrate Metadata from an ICS (Integration Cloud Service) instance to OIC (Oracle Integration Cloud) instance. Metadata that will be migrated includes the following:
· Integrations, Connections, Lookups, Libraries, Packages, Agent Groups, Custom Adapters etc.
· Integrations in any state (in-progress, activated etc) will be migrated.
· All resources such as Lookups, Connections that are not referenced by integrations also will be migrated.
· Endpoint configuration (configured in connections).
· Credentials stored in CSF store.
· Settings such as Database, Notification.
The migration tool automates some of the below tasks that otherwise have to be done manually if using manual export and import:
· Bulk export of all integrations along with their dependencies (such as Connections, Lookups etc) into a migration package.
· Migration of endpoint configuration and credentials
· Automatic replacement of host / port from source ICS instance to target OIC instance for "Integration calling Integration" use cases.
· Automatic "Test Connection"
· Automatic activation of previously activated integrations.
Enabling Migration in OIC
A feature flag has to be enabled in OIC to import content into OIC as part of migration. To turn on the feature flag, open a Service Request with Oracle support. Read the complete article here.
For regular information on Oracle PaaS become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.