Because of frequent questions from HCM customers on how they can use BPEL to integrate with Fusion HCM, I’ve put together the details here
Your orchestration layer is the software [such as Oracle's SOA BPEL or BPM Studio] you currently already use, to wire together Fusion HCM Loader/Extract programs to other apps.
Companies already using SOA/BPEL can just add Fusion HCM into the mix.
Steps to accomplish this are below:.
INBOUND TO FUSION HCM
- BPEL's "File Adapter" to read the data in.
- BPEL's Transform Activity with Domain Value Maps to transform the data.
- You need to get the UCM Service exposed externally (In Rel10 it will be exposed, but on Rel9, you'll need to do the following):
- File an SR requesting Fusion HCM to perform a Key Exchange - Aside from allowing you to send "encrypted" files into Fusion, this step will also result in the UCM Service being exposed externally.
- Ensure you file the SR under Oracle Cloud Global Human Resources Cloud Service.
- Choose Hosting Services – Application -> Encryption Key Exchange
- Use BPEL to Invoke the UCM Soap Service to write the File into UCM.
Invoke the HCM Loader Programs passing them the encryption parameter along with other required parameters.
- If your Fusion HCM home page is: https://<Hostname>/homePage/faces/AtkHomePageWelcome
- The UCM Service wsdl will be: https:// <Hostname>/idcws/GenericSoapPort?wsdl
Find out which user privileges you must assign to the users who call these web services in OER: https://fusionappsoer.oracle.com Sample Payloads for the above services are available here. [You can enter comments into the sample payloads doc if you find any issues]. Later when REST Services are available (Release 9 Patch Bundle 6 under "controlled availability" most likely), for your lighter weight inbound integrations, such as Fusion/Taleo, you will have the option to switch #3/4/5 to a REST service call to create/update the employee in Fusion. NOTE: Cco-existence scenarios should continue to use batch loaders because:
- FBL wsdl is the following form: https:// <Hostname>/LoaderIntegrationService?WSDL
- HDL wsdl is the following form: https:// <Hostname>/hcmCommonDataLoader/HCMDataLoader?wsdl
- Performance Reasons - services won't perform as well under heavy loads
- The breadth of data needed for co-existence isn't covered (or intended to be covered) by the REST Services.
OUTBOUND FROM FUSION HCM Read the complete article here
SOA & BPM Partner Community
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.
Blog Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Wiki