Process Accelerators What’s New in the February 2013 Release (22.214.171.124.3)
By Juergenkress-Oracle on Apr 11, 2013
This new PA release includes Previews for Employee Onboarding (EOB) and of Business Account Opening (BAO), as well as customer-driven updates to all existing PAs. Also, a new Installer now supports the installation process.
PA previews showcase functionality that Oracle BPM customers and prospects can explore, thus matching their requirements to upcoming PAs:
- The new Business Account Opening (BAO) preview enables financial services providers to streamline the deposit account opening process for small and medium size businesses. It provides sample customer facing web pages with a guided user interface for entering and submitting a new product application, including services selection, document submission, and funding details. BAO moves the application through the documentation review, identity verification, background checking, account opening, funding, and activation stages. A BAM operational dashboard is also available as part of this preview.
- The new Employee Onboarding (EOB) preview enables the provisioning process required to make new hires productive when they arrive at their first day of work. The process scope of the EOB preview includes a new hire acceptance of an offer; a hiring manager provisioning using templates of services mapped to job. Services such as office assignment and IT system provisioning, are then provisioned by the Internal Service Request (ISR) PA. The hiring manager can track the status of that request including escalations to meet the hiring date requirements.
All existing PA have been enhanced for this release. Major improvements include:
- Travel Request Management has new cost elements, Departure and Destination locations, driven by maintainable tables, providing more accurate travel analysis and auditing. These improvements have been driven by customer requirements, including those driven by the extended deployment footprint within Oracle.
- More out-of-the-box configuration has been added to Document Routing and Approval, to match approval patterns in use at different organizations.
- Public Sector Incident Reporting has been enhanced with mobile application skins for iPhone, Android, and Blackberry, Web Center integration for enhanced collaboration between case workers, Geospatial Search and proximity calculation capability for more effective map based incident pattern analysis, and NIEM reporting.
- Enhancements to the Financial Services Loan Origination (FSLO) PA include selection of preferred notification policies by loan applicants, a dynamically generated checklist to simplify the document collection process by a loan officer, and optional electronic acceptance of loan agreements.
Additional new BPM papers
- New Whitepaper: Transforming Financial Services with BPM: Oracle Process Accelerators
- New Executive Brief: Oracle Process Accelerators: Business Account Opening
- New Executive Brief: Oracle Process Accelerators: Financial Services Loan Origination
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.